Using Horses4Homes to meet your perfect partner!
Horses4Homes specialises in matching up people and horses online, to help with successful rehoming, loaning and sharing of horses. Applicants (people wishing to re-home, loan or share a horse) and owners can connect through the Horses4Homes site and proceed from initial contact through to drawing up bespoke rehoming, loaning or sharing agreements with our support.
To enable us to offer these specialist services
the following donation fees apply:
Fees for applicants and owners:
- It is £20 to list a horse.
- £20 to be paid to apply for a horse, your application will be sent to the owner who will get in contact with you, whether re-home, loan or share.
- £50 to be paid by an applicant when a re-home or loan arrangement is successfully agreed.
- There is no fee to pay by the applicant sharer when a share arrangement is successfully agreed.
- Applicants may be requested to make an additional donation for re-homed, loaned or shared horses, which is set by the horse’s owner and detailed on the horse’s profile page.
- £25 to be paid by owners when a share arrangement is successfully agreed.
- £40 is to be paid if a horse owner required Horses4Homes to undertake a home check on their behalf.
- Horses4Homes is grateful to any owner who is able to provide an additional donation to help with the process of rehoming, loaning or sharing.
Check out our 'how to' guide
Whether you are looking to home a horse or list your horse, you need to Register. This will create an account for you. Before applying for a horse ‘Add an application form’ this will save to your account ready to apply. In your account ‘dashboard’ you can keep track of which horses you have applied for, your saved application form, your listings and notifications. If you haven’t registered yet you can still search through our available horses.
Once you have registered you can add your horse advert.
To list a horse – go to ‘my account’ then ‘add listing’.
You can manage everything from your account inc. your listings, applications and applicants.
You can find this in the ‘dashboard’.
Before you can apply for a horse, you must first purchase the ability to apply for your chosen companion. To do so, when you find a suitable horse scroll to the bottom of the horse’s details, where you will see an ‘apply for horse’ button.
This will show the option to purchase the ‘apply package’ once selected this will lead you to the checkout page.
To checkout, fill in the form and choose your payment method. Once your payment is completed, you will be redirected back to your order summary where there will be a notice to take you back to the horse listing.
If your application is successful, you will receive an email containing a contract. You will need to fill in the agreement and send to us. We can make any necessary checks as required. You will become the new owner of the horse.